Get in touch anyway.
Embross is constantly on the look out for talented and driven people to help make our solutions even better and continue our growth. From software development to hardware engineering, sales to onsite technical support, feel free to get in touch and send us a resume.
Embross is the top-tier, dynamic technology company manufacturing and developing self-service solutions for the world’s leading airports and airlines.
Embross revolutionizes the world of customer facing self-service solutions with the latest, high-end technology to deliver exceptional user experience across all customer touch points, with specialization in self-service kiosk hardware and software solutions for airports and airlines.
Embross also inherits the 20 years of history as well as the well-accumulated solid technical foundation of IBM GBS Travel & Transportation Kiosk business, per our acquisition in April 2015, placing Embross in a leading position in the market.
Embross refuses to stop. As we set our goals on deploying newer, smarter and passenger-focused technology solutions in many more airlines and airports around the world to provide premier passenger experience, Embross needs candidates like you to grow and expand.
Embross North America is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants selected for an interview.
Applicants must apply to email@example.com with the Job Title in the subject line. It is highly recommended to include your resume to complement your application.
Richmond Hill, ON
The General Manager, reporting directly to the CEO, provides effective leadership and management of core divisions to ensure operational efficiency and excellent service to existing and future clients. The role will oversee all operations of the Richmond Hill location.
The General Manager is a key role within the Canadian Business Unit, responsible for the efficient management of the business on hand to fully attain Embross’ product delivery objectives to our global customers. While working closely across all levels and all areas of the Canadian organization, the incumbent will help identify opportunities for improvement to “make it happen”.
Management of Direct Reports:
The GM will manage, lead, provide support and oversee direct reporting relationships as follows:
- Manage the Production Business Unit (hardware and software) including managing the office and staff from an administrative perspective.
- Software Business Operations Manager, responsible for managing the software team.
- Hardware Business Operations Manager, who will manage the hardware engineering team.
- Delivery Manager, who will manage the delivery team.
- Production Manager, who manages the production team.
Managing Operational Priorities:
- P&L responsibility for the business unit in managing costs. Manage and ensure compliance with all budgetary goals, consistently looking for opportunities to improve profits with the Management Team
- Ensure inventory is at an agreed level in relation to sales.
- Minimize wastage, and obsolete stock.
- Production, productivity, cost and performance goals will be established based on the company’s vision, strategy and road map; this position would have the responsibility of achieving those goals.
- Identify resource requirement (or excess staff) in consultation with department managers, for achieving the set goals.
- Develop working relationship with vendors, manage vendors and vendor costs ensuring prompt deliveries and maintaining high quality.
- We anticipate this business unit to expand as sales increase. This position must manage the timing of new recruits and their required skill sets to enable the increase in production, software and hardware.
- Partner with Leadership to ensure key resources are available to deliver project commitments.
- Perform leadership involvement activities in all phases of Kiosks and Bag Drop product delivery, to manufacturing.
- Responsible for understanding and fulfilling customer needs after new systems/solutions are sold.
- Establish and maintain effective tracking processes for productivity KPI’s and deliverables, requirements for success.
- Lead strategic initiatives to drive process improvements and address organizational efficiencies.
- Build effective working relationships across multiple functions and organizational levels, all key stakeholders, including sales, product, project management and key customers.
- Participate in effective executive-level discussions.
- Support and work with global organization for product training and RFP responses when required.
- Foster a culture of engagement/accountability, creating goal alignment and coaching through feedback, development planning and performance management.
- Maximize impact by providing oversight and guidance to teams. Mentor and coach teams to achieve their key results and objectives.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Knowledge and experience with employee relations and Human Resources best practices. People management skills in hiring, training, delegating work and developing people.
- Experience with financial budgets and business plans; knowledge and experience with tools and techniques for planning, scheduling, and controlling project deliveries.
- Excellent process improvement experience, including the utilization of continuous improvement tools/technologies. Ability to understand technical concepts quickly to ensure technology remains aligned with strategic business objectives.
- Experience managing hardware projects from prototypes through to mass production.
- Related experience in the Airport environment is an asset.
- Preferred knowledge within Airport Kiosks and Bag Drop products and operations; aptitude for understanding issues and developing solutions to overcome obstacles.
- Knowledge of CAD drawings an asset.
- University degree
- Minimum 10 years of related experience as a Business Manager
- A high degree of initiative, professionalism and attention to both detail and quality.
- Strong business acumen, analytical and problem-solving skills; business and decision proficiency required to develop and support recommendations.
- Superior client/customer relationship management skills, multiple teams, customer contacts, and managing on time deliveries.
- A passion for innovation in defining a way forward in the face of ambiguity.
- Ability to build positive influence and relationships at all levels.
- Strong MS office skills.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to work environments – Ability to multitask and work with others in a global support environment.
- Clear and concise communication skills. Confidence and presentation skills needed to interact effectively with senior management, key customers, and partners in both selling and problem-resolution scenarios.
Ability to travel when necessary.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title in the subject line. Include your resume with your application.
Embross is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants selected for an interview.
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Embross has more than 20 years of software and hardware development experience across multiple industries including retail, health, transportation, aviation passenger service systems, access control and entertainment.
In May 2015, Embross acquired IBM’s Global Business Services, Travel & Transportation kiosk business. This has further strengthened Embross as a global leader in self-service travel kiosks and middleware, with over 21,000 units delivered globally.
Embross has built an extensive working experience relating to passenger service solutions and kiosks, systems integration and significant specialized industry knowledge relating IATA specification such as CUSS, CUTE and CUPPs.
Get In Touch
Have a question about our solutions or have a project you wish to discuss? Our team would be happy to help.
OR CALL 1-800-607-4957
Production & Assembly
Support & Monitoring