Working with Embross
Embross is a fast growing, global company bringing together highly skilled people from all cultures and walks of life. Our focus is on developing self-service and automation technology and solutions that make passenger travel and service experiences simpler.
If you have passion for innovation, technology and travel Embross provides a great environment of close-knit, high performing teams that thrive on being industry leaders. From deploying the first automated self bag drop in airports in North America to our team developing some of world’s first airport kiosks, Embross solutions continue to lead passenger self-service check in across the world’s leading airports.
As our footprint continues to grow, as does our need for great people. From engineers to developers, project managers to sales, if you’re a recent graduate or looking for a new opportunity we look forward to hearing from you.
Get in touch anyway.
Embross is constantly on the look out for talented and driven people to help make our solutions even better and continue growing our story. From software development to hardware engineering, sales to onsite technical support, feel free to get in touch and send us a resume.
LOCATION: Richmond Hill, ON
Role Commitment: Full-Time
Job Description: Reports to the Vice President of Sales.
• Must work well:
o In environments where multiple bids/proposals may need to be managed simultaneously.
o With challenging deadlines and under pressure.
o In a networked environment interfacing across multiple functional areas and geographies.
• Must be able to:
o Adjust schedule as required to meet bid submission deadlines, coordinate with colleagues in different time zones.
o Compile input from various parties into a clearly articulated, value driven proposals and bids.
o Understand and articulate technical subject matter – software, hardware & supporting services. Must be able to translate complex solutions into easily understandable responses.
• Must be self motivated and able to independently manage timelines and deadlines. Must be able to deliver results with limited supervision. Strong time management and prioritization skills are a must.
• Must have excellent persuasive business writing skills. Attention to detail is a must.
This job is a strong fit for a highly detail-oriented person who enjoys writing and editing in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines.
• Analyze bid notifications and identify appropriate opportunities
• Read and interpret solicitation documentation
o Summarize opportunity and solution requirements for stakeholders
o Coordinate bid/proposal kick of to agree on solution approach, key win themes, SMEs to contribute, timing/deadlines
• Develop and coordinate questions for customer submission
• Review bid/proposal submission requirements; ensure strict compliance with bid submission requirements
• Contribute to the determination of key win themes and value proposition
• Manage bid/proposal timeline including tracking of milestones for ontime delivery
• Identify bid/proposal inputs required, obtain input from relevant parties typically including technical experts and sales leadership
• Develop the bid/proposal structure
• Identify core/generic content for use, determine and execute customization as required
• Harmonize content obtained from others to be clearly and succinctly articulated, consistent in terms of language, aligned with key win themes and value proposition
• Compile inputs into comprehensive, compelling and complete responses as the primary author of bids and proposals
• Manage technical writing, editing, formatting, organization and proof-reading
• Develop compliance matrices
• Manage bid/proposal quality control processes, providing draft for stakeholder review and input prior to customer submission
• Manage bid assembly, quality control, production and delivery
• Assist with the creation of presentations for orals and other needs in support of the bid/proposal submission
• Prepare, refine and update core/generic content and templates to be leveraged in future bids/proposals/quotations
• Log and manage bid content, establishing and maintaining a content management approach that facilities leveraging of reusable content
• Review post bid/proposal feedback for continuous improvement; incorporation into future bids/proposals
o Bachelors or higher degree in English, Communications, Business, Marketing or similar
o Minimum 5 years proven skills in producing and editing bid/proposal content within a complex business environment
o Minimum 3 years lead writer of winning bids & proposals in a technical environment
o Advanced MS Word skills
o Proficient at MS Powerpoint, Excel
o Basic understanding of MS Project Preferred
o Project management education and/or experience
o Marketing education and/or experience
o Content management education and/or experience
o Information technology education and/or experience
o Airline & airport passenger processing background
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Get In Touch
Have a question about our solutions or have a project you wish to discuss? Our team would be happy to help.
OR CALL 1-800-607-4957
Production & Assembly
Support & Monitoring