Get in touch anyway.
Embross is constantly on the look out for talented and driven people to help make our solutions even better and continue our growth. From software development to hardware engineering, sales to onsite technical support, feel free to get in touch and send us a resume.
Embross is the top-tier, dynamic technology company manufacturing and developing self-service solutions for the world’s leading airports and airlines.
Embross revolutionizes the world of customer facing self-service solutions with the latest, high-end technology to deliver exceptional user experience across all customer touch points, with specialization in self-service kiosk hardware and software solutions for airports and airlines.
Embross also inherits the 20 years of history as well as the well-accumulated solid technical foundation of IBM GBS Travel & Transportation Kiosk business, per our acquisition in April 2015, placing Embross in a leading position in the market.
Embross refuses to stop. As we set our goals on deploying newer, smarter and passenger-focused technology solutions in many more airlines and airports around the world to provide premier passenger experience, Embross needs candidates like you to grow and expand.
Applicants must apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title in the subject line. It is highly recommended to include your resume to complement your application.
We need Back-End Software Developers, who is well aware and ahead of the fast-changing world of software development, ready and on-the-go for new challenges, to join our Software Engineering team.
Our Back-End Software Developers act as owners to components and functionalities of Self-Service Solutions projects in the Airlines and Airport industry. Depending on projects and the requirements, a successful candidate may be required to work as an independent contributor or in a team environment, uncovering functionality requirements and implementing them within Java based code environment, integrated with Maven and Spring framework. The successful candidate will work closely with other developers, QA analysts, Business Analysts and Project Managers in the project setting, participate in scrum meetings in team and project level, and contribute to technical discussions and sharing ideas with colleagues.
- Develop efficient and quality software applications in Java (J2EE) and Spring framework
- Translate business requirements into functional code with thorough understanding of logic
- Possess a keen eye for unit testing, being able to catch and filter out bugs prior to delivery
- Attend and participate in daily scrum and project meetings, and be a key contributor
- Communicate with clients’ technical contacts or 3rd party vendors to discuss technical terms
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of professional experience in the development of Java based Back-End applications
- Solid working knowledge of Java/JEE enterprise-level application development using Spring Framework
- Working experience of Maven or Jenkins to build Java applications
- Working experience building RESTful and SOAP web services
- Experience with source control (e.g. SVN, Git)
- Understanding of Unit Testing and Regression Testing, with experiences using JUnit, Jetty, or SoapUI
- Willingness to travel overseas (Travel Required: 5-20%), with excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to take challenges and to work in a fast-paced, cross-discipline environment with business analysts, designers, platform engineers and other software developers, both independently and as a team-player
It would be great if you had (a big plus, but not a must):
- 7+ years of professional experience in the development of Java based Back-End applications
- Experience with XML, JSON, SOAP, WSDL, CXF, JAXB
- Experience with SQL and JDBC on any of MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, IBM DB2
- Knowledge in SSL and Java Web Security (i.e. WSSE)
- Post-Secondary Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience required.
- Other certifications like PMP, Scrum master, and other tech certifications considered an asset.
Embross is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.
Get In Touch
Have a question about our solutions or have a project you wish to discuss? Our team would be happy to help.
OR CALL 1-800-607-4957
Production & Assembly
Support & Monitoring